Wednesday, October 26, 2011

There is an Excuse for the Long Absence...

I just finally remembered the correct username/password combo!! I really need to write this stuff down somewhere...

But today's complaint...why do people think that it is ok to give a 2- or 3-year old gum...and then send them to daycare?!? Why does it never occur to them that it is going to end up carpet/hair/clothes. Even when I say this to them, they give me that blank look. "Oh my child always keeps it in his mouth!" Yeah, right.

And stickers. Not opposed to the occassional sticker coming in on a shirt from the doctor, or even as a potty reward. As long as the child understands that if the sticker comes off the shirt once, or even partially off, said sticker is in the trash and no  more will be allowed. However, I once had a child come in every single day with a freaking huge sticker on the back of her hand. Then said child would refuse to to wash her hands because of it. After a few days of that, I mentioned it to mom (dad was the one bringing child in the morning). Guess what never happened again. Of course, the same child shortly thereafter came in with approximately 52 stickers plastered all over her shirt. Guess where I later found about 40 of them...attached to the bathroom wall. Guess who was banned from ever having another sticker at Sophie's again.

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment